Building Brighter Futures:
Help us Build a School!
Giving Update: $131,000 raised
In 2020, our goal is to complete Phase 1 including:
- Purchase land
- Build 1 block of 4 classrooms and office space
- Build 1 cottage for teacher trainer housing
- Build 1 dormitory of student housing
- Purchase desks, chairs, tables, and other classroom furnishings
Total costs for Phase 1 = $280,000
We need your help!
Join us in making this school possible. Here are opportunities to help:
- Pray for provision and wisdom in planning
- Create a Facebook fundraiser for Grain of Rice Project
- Organize a fundraiser with your church, school, or community group
- Become a business sponsor
- Make a tax deductible donation
*Purchase land in Nanyuki, Kenya
*Build a K-8 school on the land; move all existing programs there
*Increase the number of children we serve by 150+
*Provide quality education and safe boarding facility for children in need
*Train Kenyan teachers in literacy and hands-on learning instruction
*Construct housing for hosting mentor teachers from the U.S.
How to create a Facebook fundraiser:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On mobile, Click the Fundraisers button, and then click Create a Fundraiser. On desktop, click CREATE at the top of your screen and then click Fundraiser.
- FB will ask: Who are you raising money for? Click Nonprofit
- Type Grain of Rice Project into the search bar and select our logo.
- Add one of our photos and a description about our school fundraiser.
- Set a goal amount and an end date.